Monday, November 20, 2006

Nightcap

I've heard someone on TV or in a movie offer somebody else a nightcap and one is never actually made. Imagine my surprise when I came across a recipe for one. It was my understanding that "nightcap" was a word like "aperitif" and it wasn't a specific recipe. But if one wanted an alcoholic drink to put one to sleep, this would be it. It's sweet warm alcoholic milk, with some nutmeg.

I really like things with nutmeg. I get to use my microplane. And whole nutmegs look really cool inside.

Recipe:
2 oz light rum (Bacardi Superior)
1 tsp simple syrup
Warm milk (I used skim in the microwave)
Pour rum and sugar into an irish coffee glass, fill with mark milk, and stir. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking good!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home