Monday, November 20, 2006

Malmaison

In college I used to have a thing for cream sherry. I didn't know any better so I'd just drink it whenever. I don't remember how I was introduced to it, but I blame Anthony on principle.

Anyway, I think this recipe is brilliant for using it as the sweet in this rum sour recipe. The anisette rim is an odd touch, but whatever. It tasted good. The sherry definitely adds an interesting touch. I'll probably have this one again sometime. The proportions are important, though. I didn't measure my lemon juice, and the result was really too sour. I adjusted with more sherry and a dash of simple syrup, but I think if I measured properly the next time it would work out.

Recipe:
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz light rum (Bacardi Superior)
.5 oz Cream sherry

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled, Anisette-timmed cocktail glass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This drink sounds interesting. Do you have a particular cream sherry that you recommend?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home