Monday, November 13, 2006

Miami

Finally! We have a string of good (or at least interesting) drinks.

First up is the Miami. Simple enough--rum, Creme de Menthe, and lemon juice. Crisp, refreshing, and the toothpaste-like flavor is better than it sounds.

You might notice a lime in the photo. That's because I made this drink with lime.

I had been getting home late all week, and didn't want to make the trip to the grocery store to buy their overpriced citrus, when the bodega next door has them for a third the price. (Bodega produce around here is remarkably cheap--just usually smaller than grocery produce.) But the bodega was closed. So I went a little further down to the liquor store, which I figured might have lemons. As soon as I walked in, the proprietor walks up and greets me. I ask if he has lemons. He doesn't, but he says he has limes. He opens a fridge, pulls out a plastic bag full of limes, and hands me two. "How much?" I say. "Nothing, take them!" he says. How could I refuse? And how could I not make the drink with my free limes?


Recipe:
1.5 oz light rum (Bacardi silver)
.5 oz Creme de Menthe (homemade)
dash lemon juice

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home