Monday, February 27, 2006

A Roadmap Found

There has not been nearly enough drinking in my house lately. Stomach flu was an excuse for a few days, but I should really get back off the wagon. So I recently used an Amazon gift certificate to pick up an essential: a copy of Mr. Boston.

It occurred to me that a new plan would be to pick a section of Mr. Boston at a time and work through alphabetically. This should only take, oh, about ten years at a few drinks a week. So I'm going to take some artistic license and allow myself to skip recipes that use ingredients that are used so infrequently that it isn't worth having around taking up space in the liquor cabinet (like Creme de Banana), ingredients that are overly extravagant, or simply as I feel like it.

Given that in this part of the country spring is about to spring upon us, I think Rum is a good section to begin with. Rum is also one of my preferred spirits. And at about 140 recipes, a number of which I'm already familiar with, I might just be able to make it to Tequila by summer. I need to make up a shopping list for the first few pages for ingredients that I don't have on hand.

I'm also going to make an effort to add photos to this blog as well. Let's see how this all works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home