Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kir Royale

This weekend my husband and I decided to try out La Bistro Vida. Normally when we're in Menlo Park and in the mood for fatty food, we go to the Left Bank, but we had walked by this place a few weeks ago and it looked fun.

Anyway, I decided upon the Mixed Grill of the day. This was a dish composed of french fries, a lamb chop, sausage, and duck. I was then faced with the choice of what, if anything, to order off the wine list. For a place that serves fries with most of their entrees, their by-the-glass prices were pretty steep. In this case, I felt like a glass of champagne (oh, how I love champagne) would be just the thing to cut the grease on my palate. But while the cheapest glass of champagne was $10, one could get a Kir Royale for a mere $7.50. Score!

Kir Royale:
In a champagne flute, pour 3/4 oz Creme de Cassis (a black currant liquer). Top with champagne. Garnish with a lemon twist.

It was crisp and a little sweet, with a nice hint of lemon. But really, how could it go wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home