Friday, November 25, 2005

Rusty Nail and Between the Sheets



Ah, the holidays have begun! I broke down and bought a carton of eggnog while shopping for Thanksgiving dinner groceries. It, plus a healthy amount of brandy, was an excellent cooking companion.

I also picked up some Johnnie Walker in order to make a Rusty Nail. Which is, simply, a shot of scotch and a shot of Drambuie. On ice. As Margaret Berry put it, it's for when "I like a little scotch with my scotch".

I still find the first few sips of anything from the whiskey family makes me wheeze and say "Hoo-hah!" in a Scent of a Woman manner. But the sweetness is nice. I still think it needs lemon, though.

But tonight, I've gotten a good portion of the Christmas decorations up, and I feel I could use a reward. So I decided to mix up a Between the Sheets. I couldn't resist, as brandy, rum, and Cointreau are all favorites of mine.

Between the Sheets
1 oz light rum (Bacardi)
1 oz brandy (Raynal VSOP)
1 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz lemon juice
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a twist of lemon.

Citrusy and strong. Good stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

Jen:

I just found this blog while looking for unusual ice cube trays for ice to put in highball glasses. When I was at a bar in Tokyo, I had a scotch on the rocks and the ice cube was this huge, single, small boulder like shape that filled the entire glass so the scotch was thin around it and kept cooler. Do you know of a good source for finding ice cube trays to make things like that? If so, send an email to anskov@yahoo.com

Thanks!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home