Tuesday, November 15, 2005

La Paloma



Whew, time to relax. I've just come back from volleyball practice. A really stiff drink isn't what I need right now, so I wandered over to the Esquire Drinking Database
to check out the Highballs section, otherwise known as the "hydration" cocktail family.

There I found a drink by the lovely name of La Paloma.
Combine in tall glass:
2 oz tequila (reposado, preferably) (Sauza)
1/2 oz fresh lime juice
pinch of salt
Add ice, top off with grapefruit soda, and stir. (Safeway Select).

We usually have Safeway diet grapefruit soda on hand, although I believe it's a knockoff of Fresca, not the Jarritos brand recommended by Esquire. Still, I quite like it on it's own.

Therefore when I saw a recipe that was basically a margarita (yum) softened by some grapefruit soda, it sounded right up my alley. And my goodness, I think I've found a new favorite after-sports drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home