Friday, December 15, 2006

Passion Daiquiri

Maybe if I had been more of a lush this year, I could have come to this cocktail at a more appropriate time, like August. Daiquiris in December just aren't right, somehow.

I have to admit, I don't understand the passionfruit appeal in tiki drinks. I find passionfruit a very subtle flavor, and it is usually completely overwhelmed by the lime. This drink is good, but not very passiony. Perhaps juice is stronger than the syrup?

Also, the flash on the beaded fruit makes them look a bit radioactive.

Recipe:
1.5 light rum (Bacardi Superior)
1 oz lime juice
1 tsp simple syrup
1 Tbsp passionfruit juice (I actually used Trader Joe's passionfruit syrup, and slightly less sugar.)
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Humberto said...

It is better always use fresh squeezed juices on making cocktails, on this case passion fruit juice or purées are the best option and not the passion syrup.
Passion works very well with orange liqueurs such grand marnier, also with sweet sherry .


www.drinksnevermade.blogspot.com

9:35 AM  
Blogger Massimo La Rocca said...

Never tried it with Bombay Gin as a base spirit and lemon (3/4 oz) instead of lime juice?
Let me know
Max from Italy
http://maxologist.blogspot.com/

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home