Friday, December 28, 2007

Rum Old-Fashioned

I'm a big fan of the classic Old Fashioned, so I was excited to try this one. The main thing I was surprised at is that there is no muddled orange in this recipe, which I think is key to the drink.

All in all, I don't think this one is worth revisiting. It's ok, but rum just is no bourbon. The 151 on top certainly mimics the bite, though.

.5 tsp simple syrup
Dash bitters (Regan's Orange)
1 tsp water
1.5 oz light rum (Bacardi Superior)
1 tsp 151-proof rum (Bacardi 151)

Stir sugar, bitters, and water in an old-fashioned glass. Add ice and light rum. Garnish with a twist of lime peel and float the 151 on top.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my kind of drink right here

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, You could never go wrong with rum sours!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home