Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Diabolo

I spent last week in Texas on business. I explained to one coworker that if you consider Dallas to be one buttcheek of Texas, and Fort Worth another, well, Arlington is right in the middle. That's where we were staying.

So given that this was my third trip is as many months, I didn't feel the need to redo the steak/chicken-fried/tex-mex/hushpuppies experience. We also decided to forgo a visit to the bar near that hotel that is known for a trashy experience for each day of the week: bikini contest Mondays, wet t-shirt Tuesdays, mudwrestling Wednesdays...

Anyway, given the environment, the very long meetings and even longer flights we endured, I was happy to get a good stiff drink as my welcome home recipe.

Recipe:
2 oz rum (Bacardi Silver)
.5 oz Triple Sec (Potter's)
.5 oz dry vermouth (Martini&Rossi)
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home